Mediation is an effective, low cost alternative dispute resolution process. Mediation is a private and confidential means to assist parties in negotiating a mutually satisfying agreement outside of the court system, thereby reducing costs and leaving more control of the outcome to the parties themselves.
Stellar’s certified mediators use various proven & effective techniques to improve dialogue and empathy between parties. Because a mediator is a neutral third party, Stellar’s mediators will work with both parties to develop a mutually satisfactory agreement.
Benefits of mediation:
- Mediation is more cost effective than litigation (going to court) or arbitration (a hearing where a third party is retained to decide the outcome).
- Mediation is much more timely than litigation (going to court) or arbitration (a hearing where a third party is retained to decide the outcome).
- The parties have control over the outcome / results.
- The mediation process is confidential & private vs. court proceedings, which are a matter of public record.
- Because the parties are involved in the decision making and resolution, mediation has a higher rate of success & compliance than litigation or arbitration.
- Support: Mediators are specifically trained to provide support in difficult situations; particularly at Stellar, where our mediators are also mental health professionals.
- Creative solutions: Mediators are specifically trained to come up with creative solutions to complex issues and situations.
Types of mediation offered at Stellar Mental Health & Mediation:
- Parenting / Parenting Plans / Child Custody
- Neighborhood / Neighborhood Association
- Business / Contracts / Partnerships
- Landlord / Tenant
- Victim / Offender